How-To Guide for #FestivalHair: Braiding Technique
The summer is wrapping up, but many of you still have music festivals to attend! If you need some hair inspiration, then you came to the right place!
We all know that music festivals are at their best and most frequent during the hot summer months, but our hair does not always play (or stay) nice during these long days of partying and dancing to The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Major Lazer. The last thing we want is to look hotter than Mike Tyson sweating at a spelling bee while our cute outfits are drowned out by a frizzy mess up top…
I'm happy to say we have the answer: braids.
Braids are not only a great way to get your hair off your face and neck but also (with a little detailing) an amazingly versatile look too! There are many different types of textures, depths, and intriguing elements that one can incorporate into braided hairstyles.
Get Braid, Go Fest
From Bonnaroo to Coachella and all the way across world to Tomorrowland, it's likely that you've seen and worn braids in many different fashions. It’s time you make the most out of the festival season (or what’s left of it), and try out this awesomely unique braiding technique! TONI&GUY stylist Sarah Pyle breaks down a fun braided Festival look:
5 Steps to Your Perfect Festival Braid
- To begin this look, create a part slightly past the center. Then separate the fringe out to one side.
- Use a classic dutch braiding technique, following the head shape towards the back of the nape. Note: A dutch braid is very similar to a French braid technique. The only difference is instead of crossing your strands over the middle piece, you will be crossing them under.
- Repeat this technique on the opposite side of the head.
- Take the two braids and crisscross them, pinning them into your desired shape.
- Style the remaining fringe section to your desired look. Use a barrel curl or a buckle curl to achieve the wavy fringe look Sarah created.
There you have it, the final look!
Want to see more hairstyles?
Check out some of our other tutorial blog posts for even more summer hair inspiration!
- Beauty Breakdown: Harley Quinn Dip Dyed Hair
- How To Braid and Rock Cornrows
- How To Modernize a French Braid (2 Ways)
Time to elevate your future career!
We have new cosmetology classes starting every month. You can become cosmetology license-ready in as few as 47 weeks! If you see your future in the beauty industry, book a tour of our Manteca cosmetology school today. We would love to show you around and share more about our cosmetology program.