Beauty Breakdown: Alter Ego Edition
Last month, we launched two brand new collections at Creative Release, one of which broke down barriers that had previously limited the shapes and cuts TONI&GUY stylists could create. With the entrance of "Alter Ego," our men's clipper cuts collection, those limitations will now be a thing of the past.
"Alter Ego" is proof that our innovation and evolution is far from over. Read on to see how Stephen Jaime created the Darin cut.
- Start by placing a horseshoe from mid recession to below the crown.
- With no guard open, work from the perimeter up removing excess length.
- Switch to No. 2 guard open, work up to the horseshoe parting. This will establish your weight line that will follow the section.
- With the No. 2 guard closed, detail the weight line while using the comb to hold the hair down for control of the section.
- Switch the the No. 1 guard closed and start to fade the No. 1 with the No. 2 lengths.
- With no guard closed, fade from hairline to meet the No. 1 length.
- Switch to the shaver attachment. Along the perimeter of the hairline, shave bald 1" below the established weight line.
- The trimmer blade is placed vertical. Using the tips, work shallow movements up and down, fading from bald to clipper length.
- On top, take diagonal forward partings from the frontal bone to the mid recession. Behind the radial, establish a vertical guide. Comb perpendicular, elevate 90 degrees and slice round. Continue traveling taking pivoting sections, over-directing to the previous until the subsection is reached.
- Release the fringe section. Comb to natural fall, elevate 1 finger's depth and point-cut square.
- Detail with slicing and channeling to add separation and movement.
- Finish by diffusing the hair. Add Matte Separation Workable Wax for separation and hold. This completes the look.